The vehicles run on a combination of gas and electric.
Gasoline engines may supply power to the wheels and recharge the batteries. The electric motor alone can provide power to the wheels at low speed, light load conditions and work with the engine when the car drove at high speed. Projected, powerful 141 hp engine with total power collected by 188 hp.
2.0L I-4 HEV Engine
The C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energy both provide an engine that was designed for hybrid efficiency.
- The new 2.0L Atkinson-cycle I-4 gas engine is teamed with an advanced high-voltage lithium-ion battery
- A new electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (eCVT) built and engineered by Ford
Efficient operation combined with dynamic style and performance.
- Electric motor powered by an advanced high-voltage lithium-ion battery
- 2.0L Atkinson-cycle I-4 gas engine teamed with an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (eCVT)
- Regenerative braking system
- The dual LCD SmartGauge® with EcoGuide is an innovative gauge cluster that provides real-time information to help you get the most efficiency from your C-MAX vehicle